PDA

View Full Version : Taken from the Forthcoming Sarah McLachlan Album - The Laws Of Illusion

planetlove
April 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
APRIL 21, 2010, 3:21 pm
Sarah McLachlan is proud to unveil her first single "Loving You Is Easy" from her forthcoming album The Laws Of Illusion - available everywhere June 15th. Listen to the track below and let Sarah know what you think by leaving a comment. Enjoy!
qcIqPINH2RM

Narnia
April 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hey - thanks for sharing V!! Have always enjoyed Sarah's tunes!! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
April 22nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
Is it June yet?????
Always love listening to her.
I'm very much looking forward to this release.
Tyvm V. :)

planetlove
May 21st, 2010, 09:18 PM
here is the live performance from J Leno

zJfIzsR29t0

BlueStar
May 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
That's funny I just heard about her new album and song last night! It's about time, Sarah! It's been a long 7 years since Afterglow. Look forward to it! I like the new song although it's not one of her best, and I'm kind of hoping it isn't indicative of the style of the rest of the album. Album artwork looks fantastic though :)

planetlove
May 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Laws of Illusion Deluxe Album Now Available For Preorder In Canada!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1005824/sarah_LawsOfIllusion.jpg

Canadian Sarah McLachlan fans can now preorder Sarah's new album, Laws of Illusion on iTunes for a June 15th street date. Available in Standard ($9.99) and Deluxe ($10.99) formats, Laws of Illusion features 12 new songs penned by Sarah and longtime producer, Pierre Marchand, including new single, "Loving You Is Easy."

Laws of Illusion Track Listing:
1. Awakenings
2. Illusions Of Bliss
3. Loving You Is Easy
4. Changes
5. Forgiveness
6. Rivers Of Love
7. Love Come
8. Out Of Tune
9. Heartbreak
10. Don't Give Up On Us
11. U want me 2
12. Bring On The Wonder

Laws of Illusion: Live In-Studio Performance Track Listing*
1. Loving You Is Easy (Live Acoustic)
2. Forgiveness (Live Acoustic)
3. Rivers Of Love (Live Acoustic)
4. Love Come (Live Acoustic)
5. Illusions of Bliss (Live Acoustic)

*Only available through deluxe version.

Mr. Brightside
May 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Not bad, Reminds me a bit of old Mamma cass or Carpenters sound.. looking forward to her album she has an great voice..

Cool picture :)

That sig video you have for Gravity of Love is amazing, especially watched on youtube

BlueStar
May 29th, 2010, 01:27 PM
You can listen to samples from the new Sarah album on Amazon.com - sounds good to me! I was a bit concerned as the production on the single didn't excite me that much, but from the samples sounds varied and interesting enough for me. Look forward to it :)

Logio
May 30th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Not bad, Reminds me a bit of old Mamma cass or Carpenters sound.. looking forward to her album she has an great voice..

Cool picture :)

That sig video you have for Gravity of Love is amazing, especially watched on youtube

Yeah, it does have the 70s feel....I hope the rest are more "modern" sounding.

planetlove
June 15th, 2010, 11:51 PM
out today ...
I downloaded it ...did you !!!!!!

BlueStar
June 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Is it good?

It isn't released until next week in the UK. Not sure whether to download or buy the CD...downloading is very convenient, but I miss the tactile buzz you get when you hold a new CD and flick through the booklet :)

planetlove
June 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I really like it ...
Its a freash new disc from a more illumined Sarah...you will know what i mean when you hear it ...
You can preview all the track from the deluxe version on itunes canada ...
just switch your itunes store and check it out ..it has nicer clips than the previews on amazon

try this link it will ask you to change your countries store ...
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/sarah-mclachlan/id111192
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/laws-illusion-deluxe-version/id372290737

Lion Spirit Walker
June 19th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Too Cool. I'll pick up the CD on Tuesday of next week. Missed my opportunity to het it today. But good things are always worth waiting for.

Lion Spirit Walker
June 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM
An accoustic version of "Forgiveness"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bOt-QASEk

planetlove
June 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the post buddy ...
You will Love the album ....

BlueStar
June 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
I've listened to the album a few times, but am a bit disappointed so far. I am hoping it will grow on me - if I recall it took a while to get into Afterglow but I ended up loving it. Definitely a therapeutic/cathartic album for Sarah, as most the songs seem to be about her divorce. Her skill as a singer and songwriter remains impressive, but I'm not really finding much to 'grab' me yet. No immediate classics seem to stand out. I'd like her to be a bit more experimental with her production; one track that did strike me immediately was 'Love Come', because the production sounded more edgy and experimental, reminding me of classics like 'Fear' from 'Fumbling Toward Ecstasy'. I'll give this a few more spins before I decide. Still nice to have Sarah back, its been too long.

(edit: it is growing on me with each listen!)

little bird
June 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I haven't got my album yet but as a Sarah McLachlan fan, it's hopefully going to be in my collection soon. I really look forward to hearing it from start to finish, as what I've heard so far is amazing...as she always is :)

Lion Spirit Walker
June 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I have to admit I appreciate these personal reviews.... Thank you everyone. ;)