PDA

View Full Version : Expressing The Emotions Through Music

Lion Spirit Walker
February 28th, 2010, 06:51 AM
If you don't already, pick up a musical instrument and learn to play it as an expression of your inner most Self.
The effects of doing this are amazing.
I, myself play a flute. And when I want to be 'thunderous', I beat my dear skin drum.

BlueStar
February 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Excellent! Wish I could hear you :D

A great reminder for me to get back to this album I'm creating. It's an ambient album called 'Sleeping Angels'. My new recording name is Aremo. I'm really enjoying sitting in stillness and allowing sounds to emerge...

Lion Spirit Walker
February 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Very cool. Very cool. ;)

Rana
March 12th, 2010, 07:08 AM
... my girls are both learning the guitar ..which has prompted matt to start again ..i never was drawn towards an instrument when i was younger ..but i may condier piano this year i think it will like me ..and it would be great for the elders in their home ..so we'll keep you posted here ok x

Narnia
March 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Does singing count!? *he-he*

Anyhoo going slightly off topic here ... this thread reminded me of something very interesting I heard about a couple of years ago in the regards of a musician's intelligence ... Musicians by nature are 'smarter' than the average person because they naturally use more parts of their brain and have to think creatively and 'out of the box' on a daily basis. :)

Here is an interesting article I found while searching for the original info I heard about.

The Musician's Intelligence Level. (http://huehueteotl.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/musicians-use-both-sides-of-their-brains-more-frequently-than-average-people/)

ps: on a side note .... you know Cretu is wicked smart and highly tuned in into Universal ways .... not only is he the mastermind of Enigma ... he also speaks at least four languages .... talk about brain power .... wow!

Narnia
March 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Sorry ... this is my last 'slightly off topic' post .... I wonder where ENIGMA would fall into this chart ..... ?

I just find it interesting that musical taste/preferrences can determine overall intelligence levels ...

http://i40.tinypic.com/zlxgeo.jpg