PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I'm really behind here....

Shalott
January 24th, 2010, 02:06 AM
It's been a great deal of time since I last checked in here, and I hope everyone is well.

Here is an "in a nutshell" update on me and life.

*opens new window to see where she left off*

hmmmm April... long time!

My husband was downsized due to a plant closure (Campbell Soup - Frozen Food Division) but fortunately was able to find a job in an area we both hold dear to our hearts. It was an hour from where we lived so we planned on renovating the house and bringing it back up to code and selling it to move closer to the new job. We spent the entire summer working on the yard and gardens and shed, but were advised to sell the house "as is" we would not even break even. In September it went on the market, and a mere 3 weeks later, it was sold, for $10,000 under the asking price.

We had planned on renting until spring/summer so that we could find hopefully find the Lake Huron lakefront year round cottage we have always dreamed of. A beautiful October Sunday drive saw us in the Kincardine Ontario area admiring Lake Huron when we came across a beautiful home right on the shores of Lake Huron. We saw the real estate office was open and went in and booked a viewing. Two nerve wracking weeks later, it became ours, appliances & hot tub included.

Next came the huge job of packing. Because Rob had a 1½ hour drive to work, plus classes twice a week for his masters studies, he was rarely home leaving me with the daunting task of sorting donatables, trash my ex packed for me (long story....) stuff Rob's ex-wife left behind (another long story) and gathering enough boxes to put everything in. The closing date for our new home was December 10, and the closing date for the old house was December 30. So we did have an overlap which helped a great deal.

December 10 did not see us moving, all the roads were closed due to a massive snow storm that covered much of the province. There was 3' of snow in our driveway. Rob's status message on a messenger program was "House is ours! Hot tub calling! Roads closed......" It wasn't until December 12 that we were able to get out of Listowel and make our way to our new home.

Oddly enough, there was zero snow there. Three feet of snow in Listowel, green grass in Point Clark LOL

We're still settling in and got most of the house unpacked, with the exception of quite a few boxes in the spare bedroom.

I haven't a prayer of catching up with everyone here but I will certainly try my best.

Hugs,
Jenn aka Shalott

Narnia
January 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hey dear Jenn! Great to see you found your way back home again, been missing you ... but you've been busy by the sounds of all the good news you had to report with us! Excellent news on your new diggs, your new home sounds wonderful and perfect for you guys, like you're ready to hunker down for a long and happy Life together!! :)

Welcome back dearest!! :giveheart

Rana
January 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
hello ..there wow ..you have had quite a journey ..one i sort of can relate to ..im happy you have found a home you like ..and good luck with the settling process. we are finally in the process of waiting for approval from our local council to build ..our lil enviro home ..somewhere to rest the head without being told the owners are goi8ng to sell which has been the story of us the last few years especially living in a beach side town..ive speny alot of my life moving house which can be fun but ..time to find that base ..especially for my girls . x come back when you can we are all here x